Things to do and see
- Dinefwr Park and Castle, a centre of influence in Carmarthenshire for thousands of years and renowned for its house, deer park and ancient castle overlooking the Twyi.
- Aberglasney Garden, a restored Jacobian gardens and mansion house featured in the BBC series "A Garden Lost In Time"
- National Botanic Garden of Wales, featuring the largest single span greenhouse in the world this is Wales premier horticultural treasure set in 500 arcres of parkland.
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines, unique gold mines worked by the Romans over 2,000 years ago.
- Carreg Cennen Castle, one of the finest castles in Wales in a dramatic location.
- Brecon Beacons National Park, a wealth of attactions, sights and activities for all interests and ages.
- Cambrian Mountain Society
Eating & Drinking
The Cawdors, Llandeilo (within 3 miles)
The Cawdors is the ideal wedding venue. It hosts many weddings. The food is outstanding and they have won many awards. If you are looking for somewhere special to go for a nice meal then choose the Cawdors. They also do lunch time snacks and meals and have a lovely coutyard too.
The Plough, Rhosmaen (within 3 miles)
This is one of our favorites as all involved in Cefncilwg celebrated their weddings at The Plough and was truly amazing. The food is absolutely beautiful. I always go for the steak and red wine sauce if i was to recommend my favorite! Beautiful grounds at the Plough and always a first class welcome and service.